MFE 213: Bush fire management in the context of REDD+.
The objective of this module is to develop the capacities of participants on fire management as
a natural resource management tool to move from fighting late and uncontrolled fires to
controlling and managing early fires.
Articulations of this module include :
– Legal, political and institutional framework
– Rural fire management approach;
– National fire management plan/strategy
– Fire actors and cycles
– Presentation of good practice cases
– Development of maps for bush fire monitoring
– Methods for analyzing bush fire dynamics
– Bush fire management