MFE 211: Estimation of emission factors related to changes in forest cover: deforestation and forest degradation.
The objective of this training module is to build capacity of learners on procedures and methods
for estimating emission factors from deforestation, forest and land degradation in a forest
Articulations of this module include :
– Carbon stock changes due to deforestation and forest degradation by different
– IPCC levels for estimating emission factors (EFs)
– Allometric equations
– Definition of allometric equations
– Determination of the allometric equations;
– Uses of allometric equations.
– Estimation of emission factors – gain-loss difference method
– Estimation of emission factors related to deforestation
– Stratification of vegetation cover types
– Carbon pools
– Data collection to estimate carbon stocks: field measurements
– Estimating carbon stocks and determining EFs
– Sources of error and quality assurance/quality control
– Estimation of emission factors related to forest degradation from different anthropogenic
– Data collection for estimating EFs: field measurements
– Estimated EFs and total emissions
– How to estimate gains due to regrowth in anthropized areas.