MST 104: Training in image processing software (ENVI, ERDAS, GRASS, SNAP, Google Earth, etc.).
The objective of this module is to empower participants with new approaches enabling them to
make better use of GIS software to optimize the decision-making process, by ensuring a detailed
and relevant visualization of information.
Articulations of this module include :
– Creation and dissemination of a GIS map using QGIS
– Creation and distribution of a GIS map using other software (ARCGIS, Google Maps,
Grass GIS, etc.).
– Organizing geographic data and other GIS resources within a mapping project
– Manipulation of features on a GIS map and information about these features
– Analysis of GIS maps and identification of features meeting specific criteria
– Cartographic language (map classification, cartographic language constraints)
– Creation and use of graphic charters (creation of new styles for point, line and surface
– Creating and using advanced map layout templates
– Import/export functions to ESRI formats
– Different types of Geodatabase: file, personal and multi-user