MFE 206: Measurement, Reporting and Verification (MRV) for REDD+.
The objective of this module is to build the capacity of learners in MRV systems in order to
facilitate the monitoring of emissions from deforestation and forest degradation and to assess
performance against the baseline.
Articulations of this module include :
– Definition and background of the concept (Measurement – Reporting – Verification)
– MRV/REDD+ institutional arrangements
– Criteria for monitoring/follow-up of forests (REDD+)
– Use of remote sensing and the spatially referenced information system (SRIS)
– Reference Levels (FREL/FRL) and Forest Monitoring System (FMS)
– Importance of national or local allometric equations for the implementation of MRV
– Establishment of land use databases (LUD) and a MRV system
– Establishment of a national archiving system for the MRV system
– Implementation of a Quality Assurance / Quality Control system