MFE 303: Setting up REDD+ projects
The objective of this training module is to facilitate the integration of REDD+ concepts in projects
development initiatives. This is a relevant strategy for sustainable development in developing
countries affected by the impacts of deforestation and forest degradation.
Articulations of this module include :
– REDD+ Key concepts
– Context analysis
– Definition of project area
– Key players
– Socio-economic analysis, etc.
– Elements of Project Idea Note (PIN)
– Analysis of deforestation or threats to forest cover drivers
– Reference scenario,
– Project activities to reduce threats
– Governance system, payment mechanism and profit or revenue sharing system
– Elements to be considered for the implementation of Sustainable Development Projects