MFE 201: Forest Resources Management and REDD+
The objective of this module is to enable learners to master the issues of forest resource
management in relation to climate change and the opportunities related to REDD+.
Articulations of this module include :
– Sustainable forest development
– Sustainable forest management (ecosystem-based management)
– Sustainable management of African forests (adaptation, participatory and multi-use
– History of sustainable forest development
– Importance of forest management and forest concessions for sustainable management
– Organization and operation of forest concessions
– Ecosystem services
– Dependence of populations on forest resources
– Importance of local people’s involvement in the sustainable management of forest
– Opportunity of REDD+ in forest resources management.